Successful leaders and entrepreneurs create their own future by working ON the business, instead of being too busy working IN the business. The answer to becoming such a leader lies in creating maximum engagement of your team. During an intense 4-day training program you will be challenged to live, experience and apply the principles that transformed Semco from a traditional, bureaucratic company into an iconic and worldwide known example and living proof that organizations can nourish both people and performance. You will experiment with practical and hands-on interventions that help individuals and teams to work as engaged craftsmen who naturally collaborate to reach maximum client satisfaction. Semco’s way of working is all about building strong and flexible teams in a supportive organizational context – one step at the time. You will learn to design your own interventions that fit within the context of your teams and organization.
What is Semco Style?
Semco Style, developed over 30 years by Ricardo Semler and his team into an extremely effective management approach, provides today’s leaders and entrepreneurs with an inspiring and proven alternative to traditional command-and-control management methods. Semco Style organizes wisely around humans instead of smartly around structures and procedures. It treats adults as adults, puts people above organizational modes, and sees freedom and self- interest as the basis for collective alignment. Its five pivotal principles are to stimulate trust, self-management, extreme stakeholder alignment and creative innovation, and to reduce control. Organizations that adopted Semco Style are more effective, profitable and flexible, and have higher customer satisfaction and happier co-workers.
Teamleaders: you desire to lead your team towards a role and contribution that meets the requirements of todays business needs. Stimulating craftmanship and ownership are key issues you’d like to work on.
Changemakers: you work in HR, learning and development, R&D, project management or another department that supports your organization primarily line of business. Your desire is to increase individual and organizational performance.
Entrepreneurs with growth ambitions: You recognize the need to work on the business instead of in the business and who consider it important to be a modern and highly effective employer, by stimulating engagement, entrepreneurship and responsibility in their company.
In an intense program of 4 days, you will learn to practically apply Semco Style’s pivotal principles in 1-on-1, team and group situations. As a result you will be able to:
- build teams where performance and talents of people will flourish
- help people and teams to take ownership and entrepreneurship
- put customer performance first instead of sub-interests of departments.
- apply tools and practices from Semco Style’s toolkit in order to get the most out of your people and get the best team performance.
- Work ON your business instead of IN the business.
Training program highlights
- Live the Semco Style principles and values in the team of co-studying participants
- Design and facilitate Semco Style interventions with the Semco Style toolkit
- Simulate real-life situations of facilitating individuals, teams and stakeholders
- Access to the Brazilian Semco Style Team
- Learn how to apply the Semco Style principles within your organisation.
Dates: 28-31 August 2017
Duration: 4 days total
Location: Landgoed de Horst, Driebergen, The Netherlands
Investment: € 4250,- excluding VAT and including arrangement fees and lodging
Want to know more?
Ask your question using the form below and we will get back to you within one business day.