What is Semco Style?
Semco Style, developed over 30 years by Ricardo Semler into an extremely effective management approach, provides today’s leaders with an inspiring and proven alternative to traditional command-and-control management methods.
Semco Style organizes wisely around humans instead of smartly around structures and procedures. It treats adults as adults, puts people above organizational modes, and sees freedom and self-interest as the basis for collective alignment. Its practical approach is to trust people and reduce management controls; to have people manage their own performance, reaching goals in the way they see fit; and to use the power of transparency of all information from inside and outside the organization. This enables extreme stakeholder alignment and a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
Semco has achieved outstanding results. The company grew from a few hundred to 3.000 FTE in 10 years’ time with an employee turnover of less than 1%. Implementation of Semco Style in several new companies yielded an IRR of 46,5 %. Organizations that adopted Semco Style are more effective, profitable and flexible, and have higher customer satisfaction and happier co-workers.
Training program highlights
- Live the Semco Style principles and values in the team of co-studying consultants
- Design and facilitate Semco Style interventions with the Semco Style toolkit
- Simulate real-life situations of facilitating individuals, teams and stakeholders
- Access to the Brazilian Semco Style Team
- Enhance your client case interventions thanks to continuous feedback of consultants and trainers
- Join an ever-growing ecosystem of consultants and clients in an online and offline community
Upon completion of the program you will:
- Be able to facilitate individuals, teams and stakeholders in working with 5 pivotal principles
- Have profound knowledge of the Semco Style in its theoretical context of systems and ecology
- Be able to provide clients in-depth analysis and overview of their path towards Semco Style
- Be able to create the right conditions for change on all organizational levels
- Be certified as a Semco Style Consultant (upon meeting additional requirements)
Duration: 9 days total
Time span of the course: 6 months
Investment: € 7900,- excluding VAT and arrangement fees
Accomodation Costs: € 1575,- (including overnight stay, excl. VAT) or € 975,- (excluding overnight stay, excl. VAT)
Language: The training will be given in Dutch, the study and learning material we use is mostly in English
Note: there is only one place left for the program that starts in May 2017. Hurry up and register if you want to join!
For more information contact:
Koen de Boer via phone at +31 6 1138 9135 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Luuk Willems via phone at +31 6 4327 1273 or via email at email@example.com
Want to know more?
Ask your question using the form below and we will get back to you within one business day.